Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bad Mommy

I have been a bad mommy! Liz had her 6 week check up today and we found out she has gained 2 lbs in just 2 weeks! Why? Because mommy has been over feeding her! Two weeks ago we went to the doctor because Liz had been vomiting up her food and her pedi said she probably had acid reflux and to add rice cereal to her formula. I took Liz to the appointment by myself and I thought he said to add 1 tbsp of cereal per oz of formula. WRONG!!!!!!! I was  supposed to be giving her 1tsp per oz!!!!!! So for two weeks she has been eating way more than she should. Her pedi just couldn't stop laughing. And to top it off my baby has been constipated all this time and I didn't know because she still has been having 2-3 bowel movements a day they just have been hard instead of runny. I feel like such a horrible mother. I made my baby the one thing I didn't want to do! I made her a chunky baby like I was and I hate it! I wish I could go back in time so I could do it over. She went from being in the 50th percentile to the 95 percentile.

I am just really really mad at myself! I know she'll grow into it when she starts getting longer and will hopefully burn some of that off when she starts crawling but until then I'm gonna know that I made her a little chubby thing.

Anyone else with kids ever do anything as stupid as what I did?

4 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! =). It's an honest mistake and all babies need to be chubby! It doesn't been she'll be a chubby child or adult! Iris is getting rolls and I love it! Why did he say she needs the rice cereal! I'm not too great with pediatrics and reflux. Either way, she would be getting chunky bc you are giving her more calories than she needs. Formula and breast milk give the babies all the nutrients until 6 months then you start adding the iron rich cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exactly like something I would do! I bet since you discovered it and can start giving her the right amount her growth will even out again. And I think chubby babies are cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one is perfect, no one ALWAYS does the right thing and that doesn't make you a bad mommy at all. It'll be OK. The doctor was laughing so they aren't too concerned so that tells you something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol you are not a bad mommy! Simple mistake!

    ReplyDelete