Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pregnancy: Week 7


My Body

I am 7 weeks pregnant this week and this is what my uterus looks like. This week's major developments: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs. Technically, our baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of their tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Our baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

My Symptoms

My nausea is the same. I did cave in and call the doctor for a prescription which she prescribed Zofran (Ondansetron). I am only taking it when I have to and I can say that even though my nausea feeling doesn't go away completely when I take it, it helps it tremendously. This weekend I did vomit for my first time after eating cereal so now I'm staying away from dairy at the moment.

I don't really have much of an appetite as nothing sounds good to me at all.

My sleeping is all whack! I can't get comfortable no matter what I do. I usually sleep on my side anyways so I didn't think I was gonna have a problem with that but I'm just not comfortable. Either my stomach hurts or between our cat who sleeps right beside me and Mr. Lopez I feel too claustrophobic. So last night I laid on the other end of the bed and got a little more sleep but I still tossed and turned for the most part.

My Weight

Starting Weight: 163 lbs.
Last Week: 162 lbs.
This Week: 162 lbs.

I have maintained my weight this week which is good. Mr. Lopez and I did not go walking at all this week because I was just feeling miserable. We're hoping to start back up today.


I am hoping to get Mr. Lopez to take a pic of me this evening so I can start taking progress pics every month.





4 comments:

  1. Hang in there girlfriend!

    I started belly progression pics but then I would a week here and there so I have most of them with few weeks missing in between. I would say as soon as you are well enough to keep up with the walking, do it every single day, even if there are days you have to make yourself. It just makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're coming right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you with the nausea. I'm still fully into morning sickness at almost 13 weeks. I'm hoping it stops reallllly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT? I feel so bad I missed this important time in your life! I'm so sorry! Congratulations!!! Ok, now I'm going to play catch up and read all of your previous posts! :)

    ReplyDelete