Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 9, 2011

9 Months

How far along? 36 Weeks 2 Days (Hello Month 9!)

Baby's size?  Baby Center says: She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.

Weight Gain? At today's doctor visit I gained 1lb since last week Total gain +32 1/2lbs. I started at 164 lbs and am now at 196.

Maternity clothes? Oh yes and even those are getting really tight

Stretch marks? Yes

Belly button in or out? Still in

Sleep? Waking up a couple of times during the night

Foods I am loving? Nothing really

Foods I am hating? Nothing at the moment

Best moment this week? Taking our maternity pics! They were so fun and I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Symptoms? Cramping in my lower abdomen and a lot of pelvic pressure

Gender? A girl Elizabeth Grace Lopez

What I miss? Feeling normal

Dr. Appointment: I had an appointment today and Liz' heart rate was 162 and my blood pressure was a little high. I let the doctor know of the symptoms I'd been having and was for sure I was dilated. When she checked me she told me I wasn't dilated but the baby's head was definitely down and pushing on my pelvis. Then she gave me some not sooo good news. She said that my pelvis was really really tight and not open like it should be. She said that she will keep checking it but more than likely I will end up having to have a csection. Not what I wanted to hear.

I know that doesn't make me any less of a mother or anything like that it just sux for a lot of different reasons.

  1. Financially it is going to cost us more
  2. I will have to be in the hospital for an extra day
  3. I don't get to hold her right after I deliver
  4. The recovery time is longer and harder
I just have to think everything happens for a reason and I would rather have a csection than to have my pelvic bone broken.

Belly Pic:

7 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you're already 9 months! Feels like just yesterday you were posting that you were pregnant! :) I hope everything goes well for you and even if you have a csection, your baby girl is going to be perfect either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great, and we're both almost there :-)

    I'm sorry to hear about the possible c-section. Keep in mind that there are still a lot of things you can do to loosen up your pelvis, especially sitting in a squatting position. Check out BabyCenter.com for some suggestions (http://www.babycenter.com/0_four-exercises-to-ease-aches-and-help-with-labor_1332762.bc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! 9 months!!!! And your dilated! That is fabulous! Hopefully not too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, as having a c-section myself. It's definitely not what I had ever wanted and not in my birth plan at all but in an emergency, it was what was needed. I didn't think it was as bad as I thought it would be. The healing was very quick and easy. I still have some minor pain but nothing that ibuprofen and a binder (ask for one from the hospital) can't help. At least if you know up front that you might need one, you can plan accordingly! I'll be thinking about you and hoping that everything will go easily and smoothly for you, whichever way it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having to have major surgery is definitely not what you're looking for - but if it gets you both out healthy then it's for the best. Hope the next few weeks go fast so that you can get back to feeling more normal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your maternity pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the c section. It will all work out fine and you will get plenty of time to old your precious little girl after the birth!

    ReplyDelete