Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 27, 2011

We Had A Baby - The Delivery Story

That's right, 2 weeks before our due date, Elizabeth entered into this world! Last week my blood pressure had been really high and at my last doctor's visit she told me to keep an eye on it and call her if it got high. Last Friday I had a headache that wouldn't go away and my blood pressure was really high after taking a nap so I called my doctor and she told me to go ahead and go to the hospital to stay overnight to do another 24 hour urine. Of course as soon as I got to the hospital my blood pressure went down dramatically but I continued to have a headache. On Saturday the doctor gave me something for a migraine to see if my headache would go away and when it didn't she said she wanted to go ahead with the csection then just to be on safe side in case I did have preeclampsia and she didn't want to wait until the 24 hour urine was done.

Within the hour we were in the OR and Elizabeth was being born. I was so scared and nervous. I was nervous about the surgery but more nervous that Liz wasn't ready to come out and I wanted her to be healthy. My doctor kept reassuring me that everything was going to be OK. I got really nauseous during the procedure and threw up a little bit of fluid. Before I knew it Elizabeth was born. She weighed 6lbs 13 oz and was 19 in tall. She was born with a head full of dark hair with some light brown highlights. She is absolutely beautiful and we are so overjoyed.

Here's a pic of that day:

Stayed tuned for the rest of our hospital story!

8 comments:

  1. Yaaay! That is so exciting, congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about it and see more picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she's here!!!!!! Hope you both are doing great!!! There us nothing better than that baby girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congratulations! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! Congratulations mom! How exciting! She's beautiful! What a sweet picture of you with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete