Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weekend Recap {2.8.11}

After a few boring weekends we had a pretty busy weekend this past weekend. Friday Mr. Lopez and I didn't have to go to work because of the Ice Storm that came through Houston. Yes I said ice storm. There was over 800 accidents that day and 4 fatalities that I know of. Us Houstonians are not used to driving in that kind of weather. Most people forget how to drive when it just rains. So we stayed inside during the morning and in the afternoon we headed to AT&T to get me a new phone. We were up for an upgrade and the phone I wanted had a deal for $100 cheaper than normal until Valentine's Day. I had an IPhone for the last 2 years and I was getting so over it! I didn't really use the apps anymore and I was tired of using just a touch screen. So I got a new white Blackberry Torch. So far I love it! Its still touch screen but also has a keyboard.
Also this weekend Joey's uncle got remarried to a great lady! Mr. Lopez was asked to be an usher for their wedding so we had to attend the rehearsal on Friday night and then we went to Olive Garden for dinner with his aunt and cousins and grandmother.

Then Saturday was the big day. It was a VERY VERY long day! The wedding was a catholic service so the wedding started at 1 p.m. and was over around 2:15 p.m. Yes an hour and 15 minutes of standing up and sitting down and standing up and sitting down some more. After the wedding the immediate family took pictures at the church. The reception started at 4 pm. so until then we went to Joey's aunts to hang out. His 10 year old cousin and I are very close and we always play when were together. She wanted to take a pic of me with her baby doll. I look totally pregnant in this pic.



Then we headed to the hotel where the reception was. It was soooo crowded that you could barely walk through the aisles of the tables. The reception lasted from 4 until midnight! Around 10:30 p.m. I started feeling horrible. My whole body hurt! I think it had just been a long day but I was so ready to go home.
Here are some pics of the wedding. Sorry I didn't get more buy my camera seriously sucks!



Then of course Sunday was the SuperBowl and we had Joey's mom and brothers over to watch the game. I was rooting for GreenBay as I dispise Ben Roethlisberger. We had bbq and I made my famous Blueberry Banana Cream Pie. Receipe to come later! All in all we had a great weekend.

What did you do this weekend?


5 comments:

  1. GASP!!! You are over the iPhone???
    That's just crazy talk! :)

    I agree with Valerie!! Such a cute picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my work phone (BlackBerry Curve) is up for an upgrade (which won't be for another year), I'm going to ask to get the Torch. I like the idea of having the combination touch screen and qwerty keyboard.

    And about not knowing how to drive in the bad weather, I live in Canada and some Canadians don't know how to drive in it, haha.

    I really want the recipe for the pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once went to a Catholic wedding that lasted for FOUR HOURS. Oh my word. It was LONG!

    Our weekend was fairly uneventful - church, taking some walks around town, and generally being lazy :-)

    ReplyDelete