Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Niagara Eh?

So I am finally married!!!!!!!!!!!!! After being with my man for 7 years and planning a wedding for 14 months or over 400 days of craziness as I like to call it, I am now Mrs. Lopez. If you'd like you can read all about the craziness at Planning Our Wedding. Let me such say so far being married doesn't feel any different! LOL

Now on to details about our honeymoon. We decided to go to Niagara Falls for our honeymoon and stay on the Canadian side. Our plane left Houston at 8 a.m. and we made it to the Buffalo airport at 3 p.m. We had reserved a shuttle to pick us up and drive us across the border to Canada, which btw, cost us $80 one way!!!!! We arrived at our hotel, the Marriott Niagara Falls Hotel & Spa. It was beautiful and we had a fallsview room. Here are some pics of the view from the room and of the room itself.



We got some really good advice at our wedding from my uncle who told us the first night we get there to just stay in and order room service and get some rest. So that's what we did. It was great and we really needed after only have a couple hours of sleep the night before. So the next morning we woke up early feeling refreshed and started on our way. I am not going to bore you with minute by minute details so few the next few days we did a lot of sight seeing and eating. Some highlights of our trip were getting to go on the Maid of the Mist boat ride right next to the falls, eating a fancy dinner at the Skylon Tower, and visiting a ton of different wax museums. Here are some pics I thought you'd like to see.




It was both of our first time to visit Canada and of what we saw it was absolutely beautiful! It was a little chilly when we went but there was just so much greenery and the people were really nice. Their accents weren't that noticeable but we were always trying to catch someone saying "eh". We had a great trip and were ready to get back to our cats at the end of the week. And we had one crazy welcoming back. First we almost missed our connecting flight because our first flight had an hour and a half delay so we didnt get to our connecting flight until last call. Then when we get back to the Houston airport and get to my car, my battery was dead! Yep my dumb blonde self took over and left an overhead light on inside the car. Luckily someone jumped us and we were headed home. The honeymoon was definitely over then!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm your first follower and your first commenter :)

    For the record, I have never ONCE said "eh"!

    Glad you enjoyed your first visit to my home and native land

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading your new blog! Looks like you had a lot of fun on your honeymoon. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i'm coming over from your last blog! keep up the posting! :)

    ReplyDelete