Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Truthful Tuesday {5.18.10}

I am an open book usually and will tell anyone pretty much anything. I know there are some things that I share that I probably shouldn't but I just hate keeping things bottled up inside me. So I have decided to start Truthful Tuesdays on my blog as a way for me to be completely honest with myself and with my readers.

As some of you know from my last blog Planning Our Wedding I have been having an issue with my weight. When my husband and I first met in high school I was a 130lbs but still had a little bit of a pooch. I have ALWAYS had an issue with my weight since I was little. Our first year in college, I gained 30lbs which is the heaviest I'd ever been. I kept the weight on for about a year before finally deciding that it was time I lost it. To loose the weight I was working out 6 days a week and following ediets.com. I finally got back to the 130's and stayed that way for a while.

Last year right after Joey and I got engaged, we had to move in with his grandmother while our house was getting built. I did't have a gym to work out in and I wasn't able to cook. So we were eating fast food pretty much 3x a day. Needless to say I gained all my weight back and am now inching near 160lbs. (No Mr. Lopez didnt gain any weight and is as thin as ever) I tried to loose the weight for my wedding and I just got lazy. I absolutely hate working out and even with an upcoming wedding I had no motivation. I just wanted to be loved the way I am.

Looking at the pics that I've seen so far of me on my wedding day I just look sooo fat and really wish I would have lost the weight. I'm  by no means obese but with me being only 5'4" I look a lot bigger. Now to present day. Joey and I have always known we wanted two kids. Now that we are married we have started thinking about how long we are going to wait before trying. That hasn't officially been decided yet but I do know that when I get pregnant and gain weight I don't want to weigh more than I do now!

This leads to my journey of loosing 30lbs! I need to get back in the 130's so when we do decide to get pregant and I gain weight again I can be more comfortable at the weight I'm at and at a weight I know I can loose after the baby comes. So I will be joining Eyegirl and others for Weigh-In Wednesday and discuss what I've been doing to accomplish this goal. Wish me luck!




2 comments:

  1. I won't even begin to tell you how beautiful I think you are, and how you looked in your wedding photos...because I know when your head thinks 'I'm so big', you can hardly hear it. (but you ARE)

    I have a tricky issue with my weight..I know I'm not "big", (5'8", and I'll tell you 175lbs) but I am bigger than I'd like to be. But I know for myself, when I focus on my weight, I can go overboard and do it the wrong way...and that's not healthy.

    Sparkpeople.com has always been a great help to me. It keeps track of your exercise and food (PS, you CAN count sex as exercise)

    I'm an email away if you want more motivation at any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to continue to do Weight Watchers? Maybe we can be accountability partners! :)

    If only you lived in the Austin area we could go exercise together!!!

    ReplyDelete