Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In #2

Starting weight: 159.8 lbs.
This week's weight: 161.6 lbs  (+1.8 lbs)

Goal weight: 130 lbs.

I am so ashamed to tell you that in my first week of being honest about me wanting to loose weight I end up gaining almost 2 lbs. I thought I did pretty good this week with the exception of some dessert cheats. I worked out 3 days and even though I was shooting for 5 there was no way I could work out after Wednesday b/c that spin class kicked my butt.

I thought I was doing so good in the class because i was keeping up with everyone but the next day I could barely walk. I'm dead serious. For the next 4 days I could barley bend my legs to sit down to go down a step. I was miserable! I tried everything to help the soreness and nothing really worked. This Monday I did go back to the gym and do 30 minutes on the eliptical machine and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Last night the husband and I went to the park to go run and I was only able to run a little and had to power walk the rest of the time. I walked 2 miles so not bad I guess. I haven't decided if i should try spin class again tonight since im still a little sore but I really want to see if i can make it.

As far as my eating I started out good until the weekend. We went and had indian food (which i absolutely love but only get every couple of months) with some friends and then we went to Rice Villiage for some non fat yogurt that im not too sure how many calories were in there. Then on Sunday the Mr. and I went and got McFlurry's from McDonalds (but i did have a snack size one) and then yesterday at lunch me and a coworker shared a piece of carrot cake. I swear sweets are going to be the death of me! LOL

I really need to control my eating better and only allow myself to have 1 dessert a month (maybe the middle of the month) and see if that helps. I am trying not to extreme diet and just trying to watch what I eat and limit my portions. If I don't see any difference in my weight by doing that and working out 3 days a week for a month then I will have to change my plans and start counting calories and working out 5 days a week.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

8 comments:

  1. little steps will make a big difference...eat fig newtons instead of oreos, fruit dipped in cool whip instead of candy....etc! One dessert a month sounds terrible, you must have WAY MORE determination than me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I've just recently started weight watchers so I don't have many tips I can give you BUT I did find out that the Weight Watcher brand of Ice Cream is fabulous and is only 3 points!! They are quite tasty and it feels like it's a lot of ice cream to eat. So whenever I have a craving for sweets I whip out one of the WW Ice Creams. (You cand find them at HEB with the other ice cream brands.)

    Chocolate pudding is also a low point dessert. I usually have one every day for lunch.

    My roommate buys a big pack of the bite size snickers and allows herself to eat one a day so she can fulfill her daily sweets craving.

    At the WW meetings they say don't deprive yourself of foods that you love. If you have cake at your office then only take two bites and throw the rest away. That way you can still fulfill your sweets craving but not over do it.

    I've been trying it and it gets easier and easier. I just remind myself as I stop eating dessert after two bites how great it will feel to buy a pair of size 6 jeans again...AND I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.

    PS. Let me know if you are interested in doing Weight Watchers and I can email you all the info I have. I can send you all the point systems I have and how to caculate what the points are on all of the food items you eat. And I can also show you how to caculate how many points you can have each day. Send me an email if you want this info. (That way you won't have to pay for a membership) =)

    hahawait.what@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think that is the longest comment I have ever left on someone's blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What has helped me change my eating habits is doing a lot of reading by David Zinczenko, he writes the 'Eat This, Not That' books, and he gives a really good explanation of which foods are better than others. Once you read about some foods, you will never want to eat them again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just try to find sweets that are low-calorie but still fix my sugar craving. For example, strawberries and cool whip (although I really should buy the smallest container of cool whip and through it out after the first serving, otherwise I end up eating the entire thing). Swirll Frozen Yogurt is also delicious if you can resist the toppings bar!! And I'm really trying hard to eat out as little as possible, because it's just so hard to count calories cause you never really know exactly what you're getting and everything on the menu is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man desserts are my downfall too! It's tough, I can't resist them. I look for no calorie, light or fat free everything. For the most part I think things taste the same. I hardly ever do drink sodas, but when I do that I have to have regular. I can't stand diet sodas! The after taste is terrible. Hang in there I think you're doing great tracking it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweets will be the death of me, too! I've always loved candy, but lately it's been pastry desserts. I can't get enough!
    I've had friends find major success in WW. I use this website for recipes every once and awhile. Very low cal, and yummy! Hang in there-- and props to you for doing a spin class. Those are intense! I've done one and couldn't walk for a week and never have since then.
    Keep goin, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! Here's the website!
    www.skinnytaste.com

    ReplyDelete