Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

True Story Tuesday {6.1.10}

This is a true story about one of my sisters, Laci, who is a young mom and one of the most loving people I know.

I am the oldest out of 3 girls who were all born pretty close together. We were all born in November and all on a Tuesday. I am 25 years old, my sister Laci is 23 and my youngest sister Krysti is 21. Both of my sisters are Scorpios and I am a Sagittarius. So needless to say we never really got along growing up and my sisters were always closer to each other than me and either of them were.

We had a rough childhood and due to that my sister Laci had her first baby at 13 years old and a second baby not long after that. With that I have two beautiful nieces that I love more than anything! They have had it very rough and unfortunately my sister didn't have a lot of support from her family. She has had to make it on her own since she was a teen and has had not so great things happen to her.

But for the past year her life has done a complete 360. She married a great man who has a 13 year old daughter and takes good care of the family. She recently got her GED after dropping out of high school in the 10th grade and having dyslexia which makes it really hard for her to learn. She has turned into a great mom and sister and I am so proud of her. This past week the town she lives in held a ceremony for GED graduates and we were so honored to be able to see her receive her certificate! We hope that she continues to go to community college and do great things.

Here are some pics that I took while we there visiting:






6 comments:

  1. Sis I cried like a baby. Heather I'm so thankful to have you as my sister. You mean the world to me. I'm glad you think I'm doing a good job now. It means alot to me. I look up to you. I'm so grateful for you and not giving up on me like alot of people did. Today's blog really touch my heart and it really got to me thank you. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you sister's true story has a happy ending! Congratulations to her for going back and getting her GED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Laci's comment to you just about did me in! She is lucky to have you for a sister. Sisters are the best!
    Congrats to her! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't imagine the hurt and trials your sister endured from SO MANY at such a very young and tender age.

    She looks absolutely beautiful, and her daughters are so pretty as well. She is so lucky to have such a loving sister that supports her!!!

    Yay for a wonderful marriage, and great kids :)

    I hope she continues to strive towards her goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't imagine what it must have been like to have a child at 13! Clearly your sis and you have so much strength congrats to her and you for being such a great sis.

    ReplyDelete