Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding Recap: Ceremony

Our wedding ceremony was interesting to say the least. To start off I totally and absolutely lost it as soon as I started walking down! I was crying uncontrollably and couldn't stop. I don't know why I got so emotional all of a sudden. Joey and I had been together for 7 years and I was soooo ready to get married but I guess after waiting for so long and then not having my dad there, it just got the best of me.

Our ceremony like most others did not run all the way smoothly. There were a few bumps in the road. The first the song I walked down the aisle to didnt stop once I got there. We stood there for at least a minute while it continued to play. That was partly my fault because we didnt rehearse the night before with the music. Bad idea. So the pastor had to start talking over the music until it ended.

The second mishap was that when I was repeating my vows after the pastor i had to ask him not once but TWICE to repeat one of the lines. And of course everyone started laughing. LOL. The last mishap was that we forgot to light the outer candles for our unity candle. So when it cam down for us to light the candle we had to stop and ask someone for a lighter. So without further adeu, here are some pictures of our ceremony:

Joey walking down with his parents

Flower Girls walking down the aisle

My biological mom in the blue and my foster mom in the dark suit

Our ring bearer

Me crying when I first get down to Joey

Picture of us smiling after me messing up my vows

During the ring ceremony

Our best man lighting the outer candles

Us lighting our unity candle

The KISS
 (which was perfect & exactly how I hoped he was going to kiss me)

Us leaving as Mr. & Mrs. Lopez

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the wedding and to being a newlywed. I marry my man of 8 yrs this august, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you crying is just so great.. shows so much emotion! After dating for so long I bet you had so many emotions running through you that day.. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete