Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

True Story Tuesday {6.8.10}

I knew that one of the things that I wanted at our wedding was a unity candle. I thought it was very important to show that yes we are individual people and that doesnt change when you get married, but now there is someone else that you have to take into consideration. When we practiced how the ceremony was going to go at the rehearsal we nor anyone else thought about lighting the unity candle. So the time comes during the ceremony for us to light the unity candle and the two outer candles aren't lit. True Story. So we kinda just stop and look at each other like deer who gets caught in headlights. Then we finally snapped out of it and asked our guests if anyone had a lighter. True Story.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha, that is so funny. I love "real" wedding stories. Makes it much more personal and not so much like a staged performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That almost happened to us, I had no idea the two candles were supposed to be lit already. Don't even ask me what I was thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too funny, I'm assuming it all turned out okay for you? We had a sand ceremony I guess problem solved there right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny! Love the idea of a unity candle -- we tasked our moms with lighting the individual candles. Here's to hoping that with all the excitement they don't forget.

    ReplyDelete