Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Recap: A Garden Wedding & Hard Labor

Friday, I took a half day off work and Joey and I headed to Waxahachie, TX for my cousins wedding that evening. This is a first cousin, my dad's niece, who we never really got to spend a lot of time with as my mother and my grandmother didn't get along. So I hadn't seen her in years. Shes 5 years younger than me and has a 8mth old beautiful baby girl.

They had an outdoor wedding at The Greenery in Waxahachie. When Joey and I had first got engaged, I had wanted an outside wedding and after attending this one I was soooo glad we didnt. First of all it rained. So they had to take everything off the tables and then put everything back on the tables after the rain went away. Joey and I had to help in this process. My family had to do everything their selves at this venue. There were no staff from The Greenery to help with anything. We had to set all the chairs and tables out, decorate and then after everyone left and to take everything down and clean up. We were sooo exhausted. Second it was hot as hell! I truly believe you should NEVER have an outside wedding in Texas, especially in July, the hottest month of the year! And the worst part about this wedding was the bugs! I had all sorts of animals crawling on me and poor Joey got bit all over his body.

The decorations they had were beautiful and everything was DIY. Here are some pics:
Wedding Cake and Cupcake for their baby
Grooms cake
The Bride and her dad

So what did you do this weekend?


1 comment:

  1. No disrespect to your family at all, but that just looks and sounds miserable. The decor was beautiful but I agree...Texas heat in July is intolerable.

    ReplyDelete