Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Recap: The Lakehouse

This weekend Joey and I spent the weekend up in Livingston with my sister, her husband, my nephew and my nieces at their lakehouse or I should say lake trailor. My brother-in-law's family has a trailor out near a lake with a pier, a paddle boat and a fishing boat. We left Friday right after work and came back Saturday night since Joey had a baseball game yesterday.

There was no phone reception, no intranet and no cable. It was actually very nice to be secluded for a day and hang out with my family.  It was so nice and quiet and peaceful. We swam, cooked on the grill, played Scategories and Taboo, drank and played the wii. And it was a nice change of scenery.Joey is terrified of drowning and therefore does not go swimming or ride water rides. I know it sux! I love the water and grew up going to the beach every weekend and going to the pool or waterparks. So it really sux that I don't get to enjoy that with him. Plus I think being wet in the pool, or lake or beach is just sooo sexy.

But even though Joey doesn't like the water he did get in the paddle boat with us and even went fishing for his first time Saturday morning. I got in the water and went swimming with my sister and nieces and nephew and we had a blast. I did get some sun which is nice b/c I am way too white! Here are some pics to show you just how much fun we had.











What did you do this weekend?



4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We mostly ran errands, but did have fun doing lots of produce shopping at Central Market and we tried out Ruggles Green, a restaurant on W. Alabama, that's all organic foods. It was really good, you guys should check it out if you want to treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! We didn't do anything fancy this weekend - just very relaxed and laid back - but I think that those can be some of the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a perfect summer weekend to me! And I agree- being wet at the pool or beach is a major turn on!
    This weekend? I broke my butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun, the perfect way to spend a summer weekend.

    ReplyDelete