Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Recap: Hanging Out with the Nieces

This weekend we had my nieces over for fun at the Lopez House! I try to spoil them a little when I see them becasue I don't see them very often. They live in Bonham, TX which is about a 5 hr. trip one way. They have been down for the summer and staying with my other sister but this weekend they stayed with me and Uncle Joey.

Friday night when we got them we had dinner which Joey cooked for u. Then we went and got blizzards from DQ and came back to watch Shrek The Third. On Saturday we woke up early and ran errands. Had to go to the pet store and grocery shopping. They brought a disposable camera with them and wanted me to get them printed for them and also to buy them another one so of course i did. Then i thought it would be a good idea to have a picnic at the park for lunch. Not such a great idea. It was hot as all heck! I'm not an outdoorsie type of person and HATE to be hot and sweaty. It was so hot in fact the girls could barely play because the metal bars were really hot. Needless to say we didnt stay very long. Here are some pics of our time at the park:


After lunch we went home to take a nap and yes Joey and I took one too! I love naps! Then we decided to take the girls to Kemah for dinner and some fun. We ate at Joe's Crab Shack and rode a few rides. The lines were pretty long but we had an intersting time to say the least. They have a few rides there and a new rollercoaster they just built called the Bullet. Joey and I have never been on it before so didn't really know what to expect. The kids wanted to ride it so we decided to not knowing that we were gonna seem like bad "parents" after the fact. The ride was SUPER fast going 50mph at parts and having a 92 foot vertical drop! Needless to say there was a whole lot of crying and to quote my youngest niece "That ride almost gave me a heart attack!"

We also rode the Ferris Wheel and took the train around the park. Overall I think they had a blast! They are getting so big. Its amazing to see them grow up. Here are some pics of us at Kemah:



3 comments:

  1. Such cuties... nice pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good aunt! What pretty nieces you have!
    I made the mistake of taking my husband's two daughters on a roller coaster on our spring break trip this year. We all 4 decided to, but the youngest (5) was super upset. We felt awful! The 8 year old loved it, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like so much fun! You are a wonderful Aunt and going to make such a special Mom someday!

    ReplyDelete