Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 3, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal: Day 30



This is the final day of my 30 Day Blog Journal and I have to say I've enjoyed sharing these things with my followers and am kinda sad this is ending because now I have to find something else to write about. LOL.
Well day 30 is to share with you a dream for the future.

A dream that I've had since I moved in with my foster family is that one day I want to adopt an older child and give them the life my foster parents gave me. Mr. Lopez and I have already discussed this and after we have our two kids (if we're able to) once they are a little older we would like to adopt one. There are tons of kids who need to be adopted and unfortunately older kids get left behind because most people adopting are wanting to adopt a baby.

I was so blessed that I had two people in my life that after seeing everything that was going on in my household offered me a safe place to live. I am so grateful that they taught me structure and how important an education is and all the things I could have in my life if I worked hard for it. I have been a part of their family since I was 16 so for 10 years now! They're family treats me like I'm one of their own and even though I still talk to my biological family, I'm closer to my foster family. This is what I want to bring to someone. I want to show a kid who's past hasn't been that great and show them that they are worthy and loved and can be anything they want to be.

So what is your dream for the future?


2 comments:

  1. I think that is a wonderful dream!!!

    I know when I get married I plan to adopt as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a kind person! Your heart is so big and welcoming :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete