Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Truthful Tuesday {9.21.10}

I don't think I have been very honest with myself or with my bloggers. Most of you know that I've been dealing with my weight for a while now and even though at one point I was going to the gym sometimes and trying to eat healthier sometimes I really wasnt doing my best. And truthfully I thought I am fine the way I am. And I kept on making excuses. No I am by no means obese but in the past year and a half I have gained 30 lbs.

I have been at this weight before back in 2004 and had decided to loose it in 2005. I promised myself I would never get back to this weight again and threw away all my "fat" clothes. But now I am right back here. I am 5 feet 4 inches and weigh 163.6 lbs. That has my BMI at 28.1 and to be at a normal weight my BMI needs to be between 18.5 - 24.9.  I went to my mother-in-laws this week and she asked if I was pregnant and I told her no I'm just fat. I'm tired of looking this way and not doing anything about it.

I hate that joining a gym, weight watchers, jenny craig or even just eating healthier when dining out cost so much money! Money that I don't have! But that cant be my excuse any more! I don't want to get pregnant at this weight and gain 30lbs and be at close to 200! That can't happen!!!!!!!!!! I will not let that happen! I need to be healthier for me and for the baby I want to have some day.

So I woke up this morning with the feeling that it was time for a change. It's time to get serious about loosing weight and no more excuses. Believe me I know this process takes time. Last time it took me about 9mths to loose 30 lbs the healthy way. So I decided to start off by having 2 short term goals.

1. Since it takes doing something for 21 days to become a habbit, I decided for the next 21 days I am not going to have anything sweet to kick my sweet tooth and do pilates in the morning and some cardio in the evenings.

2. I am going to strive to loose 10 lbs by my birthday which is November 27.

I have decided to call this project, Project Weight Off. I am going to start tomorrow weighing myself and I'm going to take a picture of myself to post so I can keep track of my changes. Whitney over at Slimming Down for the Gown has truly inspired me to do this! This morning when I went to Whitney's blog I saw a new post that caught my attention. It was titled, If this doesn't Motivate you, I don't know what will! And this is what was posted.



Watching this especially after I already woke up with a feeling that I needed to do this, totally validated me. I'm taking this as a sign that I can do this and I will do this! If he can do this and if Whitney can do it then why not me? And any time I feel like I can't I'm going to rewatch this.


7 comments:

  1. I'll be supporting you the whole way chicky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!

    I know I need to get back on track too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing and touching video makes me want to start running (which I have always wanted to do ) but maybe I will start with walking! At least for the next 5 months then I can begin the real journey as well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sweetie! first of all thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment today.

    second, i think we all struggle with our weight, me included, in one way or another. even those anorexic skinny type (think models). it's hard work to lose weight but with the right kind of determination and persistence, it can be done.

    good luck! i have a feeling you will succeed. i can "hear" it in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know that you and I are almost the exact same size!!! So, I feel your pain!

    I saw this same video on another blogger's site. It is VERY motivational! I am not a "runner". Never have been. But, it did (and does!) inspire me to get out and get moving a LOT more than I have been! -- Which, this summer, has been practically "not at all"!

    I plan to start riding my bike at least once a week for 12 miles. And then work out on my "Wii Fit", too.

    I am also going to cut back on Fat Grams and Sugar.

    Together... we can do this! We can lose those 30lbs and be a support to each other!

    God Bless ~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, you have no idea how much this post made me smile!!! You CAN do it and you WILL do it!!!! I'm excited to watch your progress :)

    PS - Let me know if you ever want a walking buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, girl! I know you can do it. I'll be supporting you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete