Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Recap: College Football and the Hill Country

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! I had a nice long 4 day weekend as I took off on Friday because I had my womanly Annual exam.

Saturday started College Football season and I was sooo siked! Mr. Lopez and I went to the UH season opener  against Texas State and what a game that was! We had the biggest crowd to attend a UH football game in UH history with a crowd of 32,119. It was crazy packed but so much fun! We stomped the Bobcats with a score of 68-28. It was great! Our amazing QB, Case Keenum passed former Cougar Kevin Kolb for seventh place on the all-time NCAA career passing list (13,224 yards and counting). It was a great night.
Mr. Lopez and I


Me and friend, Krutina

  
Then Mr. Lopez and I woke up at 4:30 a.m. the next morning to get ready to head to the hill country with my foster parents to visit my foster grandparents in Lago Vista near Austin. We had a very nice relaxing day and a half and enjoyed the scenerary along with some (too much) goodies. We had cupcakes, apple pie, white chocolate pecans and then on Monday we ate at Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls where of course we had to have some pie. This place actually has a Pie Happy Hour! The line to get into this place was out the door and into the parking lot. We had a nice trip besides the fact that my motion sickness doesn't agree with the hill country. I was nausated a lot of the time and didn't feel to great!

Me and Mr. Lopez laying down to take a nap


So how was your long weekend?


5 comments:

  1. Hooray for football season!

    Pie happy hour? That sounds like the greatest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!

    I'm not much into football but it's hockey season now and I don't mind watching that live and it's my hubby's favourite sport to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a fun weekend! They don't celebrate Labor Day in NZ, so our weekend was pretty normal (although my husband was able to watch some of the games on ESPN International Online, ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some pie! Love the pic of yall at the game- supercute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a great weekend!

    Thanks so much for the comment and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete