Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's In A Name

I found this on Little Mrs. Married's blog & thought I'd join in!!

1. How did your parents decide on your name?


My mom had a baby doll named Heather when she was younger and always said if she had a daughter that's what she would name her. She passed down her middle name Ann to me.

2. Do your initials (first/middle/last) spell anything funny?

Well, before i was married, they spelled HAM. Yes HAM as in the ham that you eat! My best friend always and still does call me hami. Now that I'm married they spell HAL.


3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you drop your middle name & take your maiden name as your middle name? (Or if unmarried, what do you plan to do?)

I struggled with this so bad since my dad passed away in 2006. But I decided to keep my middle name and hopefully if we have a boy someday his middle name will be my maiden name.

4. Are you or will you name your children systematically? (ie, same first letter, same origin, etc)

No not at all!

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?

I don't remember ever picking out baby names when I was younger. Which I think helped now that I'm having kids because I think thats something you and your spouse should decide on together.

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?

My dad was a Jr and then only the middle name Ann.

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?

When we found out we were pregnant and looking at baby names I definitely looked at the meaning. My husband always knew what he wanted his daughters name to be so we picked that and then I helped pick the middle name. Her name Elizabeth means consecrated to God and her middle name Grace means grace.
If we had a boy his name would be Gabriel which means God is my Strength and his middle name/my maiden name Martin means Warlike.

 
8. Do you name pets with human names or pet names?

It depends on the pet. Our first cat we adopted I named him after my dad because I didn't like his name for a human's name but wanted to keep it a part of our lives so we named our cat Archie. Our second cat we named Chance so more of a pet name.

9. Are their any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?

I hate the name Bobby because that was an exboyfriend of mine and not such a great experience.

10. What are some of your favorite names & why?

I don't really have any besides the names I picked for my children.


1 comment:

  1. I have a friend whose name is Heather and her initials are HAM. :)

    ReplyDelete