Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meeting the Pediatrician

During our 2nd Trimester the hubby and I started discussing what area of town we should have our pediatrician in. We were thinking that it would be best to have her go to someone in the city where my husband works because a lot of our family also live there in case we weren't able to take her. Elizabeth is going to go under my husbands insurance since it is way cheaper than mine so when we asked for a recommendation from his coworker she said she didn't like the doctors that she met in that town. She recommended a pediatrician in Houston. So about a month ago we asked my OB who she recommended  and she gave us the same recommendation as Joey's coworker.

They are a father/son practice and are right behind the hospital where we will be delivering. We met with them yesterday to see how we liked them before we chose and we absolutely fell in love with them. They are so nice and friendly and the son who is who we'd see the most even knew Joey's coworker's daughters name off the top of his head. That says something with all the patients that they see! They are open 6 days a week and you can call them 24 hours a day if you have an emergency and it doesn't go to an office voicemail instead it goes straight to their cell phones. He told us they have people that drive over an hour a way to bring their kids to see them.

He let us know that they come to the hospital when she is born to check on her and then to see how I'm doing and to discuss how things are going with breastfeeding. Then they see her at a week, 6 weeks, 8 weeks and then once a month after that. He told us that they always check to see how things are going at home and help us get her into a routine. He said he'll have her sleeping through the night between 6-8 weeks. We will see.

We really did enjoy meeting them and felt very comfortable after we left. So little Elizabeth now has her pediatrician all picked out and ready to go!

For those moms to be and already mothers out there, how do you go about picking your child's pediatrician?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked your pediatrician! Ours came recommended as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you went the best route!!! With my husband working for OSU and me delivering at OSU medical center, our OB office had a list of who they preferred and went with a office that was close to both our house and work. My main thing was having the pediatrician come to the hospital when I delivered so I called around until I found one. With OSU and Ohio Health (who I work for) being the biggest hospital systems in Columbus, it was hard to find an office that would go to OSU instead of Riverside (where I work). But we found a group and seem to like them. I figured as long as they come that day, I'm set. If we end up not liking them, we can always switch.

    ReplyDelete