Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nursery Bedding

I know I shared back with you on Week 14 the ideas we were thinking about for the nursery for a girl and a boy. I had wanted to do a princess theme for a girl but I couldn't find anything that had a complete set of everything like a matching lamp etc. So I continued looking and I found this:


It's called the Sundae collection by CoCaLo. I really really liked this and showed Mr. Lopez and he agreed he liked it better than the princess theme. So we bought it! We bought it from BabySuperMall.com. We got the full collection including the diaper bag, bedding, blanket, pillow, a little teddy bear, the window valence, the mobile and hamper. We even bought the sample color paint and we got everything in yesterday! We tested the paint on the wall and it really brightens up that white dull room. So this weekend we will be purchasing the paint and hopefully by the end of the month will have Elizabeth's room painted! Mr. Lopez also wants to try his hand at painting a tree like shown in the picture. I have to admit I'm pretty scared about that.

After the room is painted we plan on purchasing her furniture. I had been going back & forth between white or brown furniture. I really wanted white furniture for a girl but after seeing the Dark Cherry with this set it really pops out the rest of the colors especially the yellow. So we decided to go with the Dark Cherry furniture. Stay tuned to see the furniture that we picked!


5 comments:

  1. The dark furniture does look great with the bedding - and I think you'll be happy you chose that color in case you have a baby #2 that's a boy! Its more versatile. :) Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! Good choice! I LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good choice, it's gonna look so pretty! Setting it all up will be so much fun! .. And I'd be nervous about the painted tree part too. lol! Why don't you look into those wall decals? You can just do a search on Google for "tree decal" and a bunch will come up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just came across your blog and wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy. Oh BTW that nursery set is so adorable. I will definitetly be coming here for tips when I get pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete