Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Inches for the Cure

So my great blogger friend MLIP invited me to participate in 10 inches for the cure that is taking place in October. Participants grow out their hair and then chop at least 10 inches off and donate to Locks of Love. I have a huge heart for nonprofits especially as I currently work for one that empowers students to stay in school and achieve in life so of course I said yes! Locks of Love provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis.

So I originally was going to go with another blogger friend Val from Next to Heaven to make the big chop and had our appointment set for Sept. 30 but today I just couldn't take it anymore! I live in Houston, TX and right now it is about 100 degrees +. My hair was starting to look really bad and just unhealthy as well as hot as heck! So I decided to go ahead and make the big chop today! Yes today in an all of a sudden spontanous action. I have to admit a few things. First is I'm one of the most impatient people ever! Once I have something in my mind I have to do/have it right then. And today was one of those days! I had a crappy day at work and just decided I needed to get my hair done. Second is I hadn't even made my decision on how I was going to cut my hair.

I didnt decide until right before I got it cut and I decided to go with one of Katie Holmes styles. I think it is sooo sophisticated and classic. Unfortunately for me I think it makes me look younger but I think that's because of my chubby cheeks! So here is the before and after pics along with my inspiration:

Before

Inspiration


                                                                                   After

I think it could have been a little bit shorter and next time i go back for a trim I will probably get it a little shorter. I wish I could do the dark color like Katie Holmes b/c I really love how it looks on her but I think that's too dark for me. So what do you think?


6 comments:

  1. HOLY HAIRCUT!!! That seriously looks darling. You look awesome with long and short hair. So jealous! I've cut mine off before and looked...no bueno. Not a fan. You can totally pull it off. NICE!
    My hair is my security blanket. But in this heat? I could totally chop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are FABULOUS!!! Thank you so much for helping out a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE difference! I love it, it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! very cute! :) i sooo think you could go dark!

    ReplyDelete