Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal: Day 7



Day 7 of my 30 Day Blog Journal is a photo that makes me happy.


I love love this picture. This is a picture of our cats Chance and Archie. Every time I see it, it brings a smile to my face. They love each other so much even though they aren't blood related. Archie (the one on the right) was brought into our lives first in November 2008. One of my coworkers brought him in said he needed a home. He was only a couple weeks old and was so tiny he could fit into my palm. I called Joey and asked him what he thought since we lived in an apartment and he said we could keep him. He was so small at that point I had to feed him with a bottle and had to wake up all hours of the night for a few days. (Great experience for when we have a baby.) We named him after my dad who passed away in 2006.

When we moved into our house we thought it would be nice if Archie had someone to play with. We really wanted a dog but our yard just isnt really big enough and we didnt want to have to worry about bathroom accidents on our new carpet. So we decided to get another cat. I really wanted a girl cat and when we went to the Houston Humane Society to pick one out in November of 2009 we thought we were getting a girl. Once we went and picked up our new cat after getting fixed, they told us she was actually a he. They asked if we still wanted to take him and we just couldn't see us leaving him there after all that so we took him. We named him Chance because we took a chance on getting him.

They light up our lives. They are funny and have such personalities. Chance is sooo lovey and he sleeps in the bed with us right next to me under the covers every night. Archie is sweet but only comes to you when he wants affection. We are interested to see how they are going to act in a year or two with a baby in the house.



1 comment:

  1. Oh this makes me smile :) We have pets too and love 'em like they're our kids!

    ReplyDelete