Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 12, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal: Day 8


Day 8 of my 30 Day Blog Journal is a photo that makes me angry/sad.


This is a picture of my dad's headstone which he will share with my grandparents when they pass. It makes me sad to see this because I miss my dad sooo much. I was 21 when he passed away and the whole situation wasn't good. He is buried in Louisiana which also saddens me b/c it's a 5 hour drive one way from where I live so I don't get to visit it much. To me visiting my loved ones graves makes me feel at peace and like I have them there to talk to.

My dad had a lot of demons but he was a really good man and I always like to remember the good times with him. So many things have happened over the last couple years that were milestones and it would have been nice for him to be here. I graduated from college, Joey and I bought our first house and we got married.

Dad, I will always remember you and I think about you daily!




3 comments:

  1. Aww, that is so sad! I'm so sorry for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your dad but I'm sure he's been there for all of those milestones and is really proud of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad when we lose someone we love so much. :(

    ReplyDelete