Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

30 Day Blog Post: Day 21


Day 21 of my 30 Day Blog Journal is a recipe. My favorite dish to make for company is my famous King Ranch Chicken. Everyone loves it and there are so many things you can do to change it up. You can make it spicier by adding peppers or healthy by using low fat soups and cheese.

Ingredients:
12 small corn tortillas
3 cups cooked chicken
2 small bell peppers (try getting 2 different colors)
1 small onion
2 cans of Rotel (if want spicier get the HOT Rotel instead of original)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (or try 1 can cream of chicken and 1can of cream of mushroom)
salt, pepper
2 tbs chopped garlic
2-3 tbs olive oil
Lots of Cheese

Directions:
In skillet, add oil. Heat up to medium then add chopped bell peppers, chopped onions, garlic and salt and pepper. Brown until tender and caramelized. Add Rotel, soups, and chicken. Heat through. 

In 13x9 pan layer torn tortillas, then soup, then cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining soup and cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

And it will come out looking like this!




What is your favorite recipe?


3 comments:

  1. Oh I've heard amazing things about this type of dish, when I'm not counting calories (or when I only want to eat one thing in a day) I will definitely be making this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Yummy.

    FYI: I have a Weight Watcher recipe of King Ranch Chicken on my weight loss blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, and not too difficult.

    This is my favorite side dish for the fall: http://www.mccormick.com/MCC/Layouts/RecipePrintFull.aspx?id={72D463F8-85EB-4679-898F-841102AD85CB}

    I'm obsessed with this peach pie at the moment: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Deep-Dish-Peach-Pie-with-Pecan-Streusel-Topping-359813 I made it several times this summer.

    ReplyDelete