Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 2, 2010

Ramblings of a Busy Woman

OK so I usualy try to post 2 to 3 times per week and lately that hasn't been happening. I usually do my blogging when I get to work first thing in the morning. I get to work about 30 minutes early to do this. But lately work has been crazy BUSY! My organization works with the school district so since school is about to start up again we've been trying to get things ready.

We have what we call in-services probably once a quarter and the one in August is always our biggest one. I came up with a brillant idea to make binders for all 200 staff so they can use as a reference guide on their campus. Since this was such a great idea I am the one responsible for getting them together!  I don't mind as I do feel like this is my project but what i do mind is my boss not finalizing three sections that I still need to make 200 copies of and hole punch them! I seriously don't know what that woman does sometimes! This has been a pretty frustrating project as is anything when you have to depend on other people to get things to you in a timely manner.
I have to take these binders to the in-service location next Wednesday so lets pray that these sections get finalized early this week!

So not only have I been working on this project but I'm also working on our monthly e-newsletter, our annual report as our fiscal year ends this month and working on our new collaterals for this coming school year. And after work I have been looking for another job. I have been at my current job for 2 years now and even though I absolutely love the non-profit world, I have grown to be unhappy at my organization. I think it has more to do with the people I work with and their lack of common sense than anything. I can't do my job effectively when other people don't do theirs or when noone knows what's going on.

Anyway that's enough rambling for today. Hope everyone has a great week. I will probably not have much time to write in the next few weeks but I promise to try!

3 comments:

  1. Do what you need to do- don't apologize! I have months where I literally CAN'T post more than once a week.
    Sucks about your boss- you know, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Which is why I'm always doing something :)
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday!!!!

    Hope you have a great week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one busy girl! That's great you were able to present your idea and they liked it! You go girl :)

    Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments on my blog :) You make my day! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete